Sunday, February 13, 2011

I drove to Wilmington today for a baby shower. And oh gosh as soon as I saw that water I ached to live there again. Actually as soon as I get into Wilmington I dread driving back to Raleigh. Wilmington is so familiar. I just don't like Raleigh, never have. Something about the daily grind. And I am an ocean girl. I like the air, the breeze, the sun across the water. I like all the different runs I know through Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, and Carolina Beach. Memories of all the beautiful times. I even like the people in Wilmington better. Everyone is much nicer and more laid back at the beach. I think that is why I avoid going back to visit..because everytime I do I just hate hate hate driving back to Raleigh. And I already miss Wilmington so badly so it just rubs salt in the wound to visit just for a day but never get to stay.

But today when I came home to Raleigh, I had flowers waiting for me, so that made coming home better ;)

No comments: