Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I would count running as one of the more expensive exercise routines/hobbies. A gym membership would probably be cheaper. For instance in the past 6 weeks I have purchased:

New shoes $130 (every 4 month replacement)

Cold winter tights $70

Cold winter pullover $70

Thermal Socks $15

Battery for heart rate monitor/watch $15

Road Race Fee Nov: $34.20

Road Race Fee Dec: $74.20

Total: $ 408.40 YIKES

And all that is right before Christmas...I tried not running for about two weeks (I was freezing/it was too cold to run in my clothes from last year) but I was loosing my sanity. So I cracked and just bought nice new warm running gear. Now I can run in 15 degree weather ;) Whatever at least this addiction isn't alcohol or heroin or something right?

And Cherith insists' it's still cheaper than the many health conditions/complications that unhealthy Americans face today from Obesity.

No comments: