Friday, August 27, 2010

Shoes Post!

I have several different pairs of shoes. The two pairs on the right are actually older and I keep for "back up". Meaning days where it's really rainy or the trails are muddy. I don't want to ruin my newest running shoes. And since I have started this marathon training I have already gone through two sets of shoes. Well technically I am on my second pair. I started with the purple saucony (which I really loved) but they already had a lot of miles on them and then I began training, adding many more miles and my shins/knees could really feel it....so I bought some new sneaks. I decided to branch out. I don't typically buy the same name brand or shoe over and over again. I like variety in my running shoes. So this go round I bought the adidas ones (second pair from the left). I haven't worn adidas for running since high school. I am really enjoying them! They are very roomy in the toe box and they are great for pronation and support. However, I kept getting blisters when running gravel trail and many trails in Umstead State Park. After an 8 mile run and 6 blisters on one foot I decided something had to change. So I bought a pair of trail running shoes (on the far left) and actually that seems to really help. I LOVE running Umstead and gravel/rocky paths in trail shoes! Apparently the denser shoe and the grip on the shoes gives me more of a grasp so I'm not sliding my foot all around which was causing all the blisters in my regular running shoe. And my ankles don't roll anywhere on uneven trail and i trust the footing much more in a trail runner on a rainy day. Definitely a good investment.

No comments: