Sunday, August 29, 2010

16 miles and 2 more blisters.

Thankfully the weather is starting to cool off. I ran 16 miles this weekend just to see if I could do it. I did it. It went well and my legs don't feel tired but my body does.

I also realized that higher mileage is much easier when you stretch ;) who would have thought....if you just take that extra 5 minutes to stretch before and after you feel so much less stiff.
I've been a runner for years; it's not like I haven't heard "stretch, you need to stretch", it's just that I'm impatient and stretching takes extra time.
So here I am lunch time on Sunday after my 16 mile weekend and I feel really good because I came home and stretched for 15 minutes.

Hopefully I will feel okay tomorrow morning too. I could probably stand to eat a little more that might help with my body feeling so tired.

No comments: